Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Busy two days

Yaneth's daughter, Nasheli
Eric and Javier Francisco

Carolyn and Gabby's baby


Rebekah and Nasheli

Wendy's daughter and one of our favorite kids, Jeribel (that's as close as come on the name:)


Maggie and Gladys' baby, Angie

Elijah and Tania's baby

Emily and Andrea's baby, Lydia



Rebekah leading Esteban across the street (don't worry, we helped too)


Fun at McDonald's


Exhausted after terrorizing the play area

February 16
From Sue
We are half- way through our time in Peru. We have decided that January is a long month no matter in which hemispere you spend it. February is flying by so far. We got to have lunch with Yolanda and the boys yesterday. We met them and Giuli at McDaonald's because it has a play area. The boys were glad to see Eric and delighted with the play area. We got to visit with Yolanda a bit and she told us that she is very homesick for the home as they are like her family. She started to cry as she talked about it. She is comfortable where she is but she misses the nuns and the other girls. Please pray for her that she find work soon and adjust to her new home. Rebekah, Elijah, Miguel and Esteban played monster in the play area. Judging by how dirty and sweaty they were, I think they had a good time. We then walked to the grocery store and Rebekah held hands with one of them. (they are identical). While we were in the store, she had one on one side and one on the other. I called her mamacita. One of the boys cried when we said goodbye and we are hoping we can see them again, maybe at a park before we leave. They begin school on March 1 and will be in different classes for the first time ever. We figure this will be the best thing especially for the teacher!
BSF is always good for my soul and so is traveling with Raul to and from La Molina where we have bible study. Last evening he quizzed me on fruits and vegetables in Spanish. He gave me the name of a store where we can get bibles for the girls at RdlP and he told me I must improve my Spanish before I go there. He is nothing if not honest! Please pray for Raul's wife, Maria, as she has an inoperable tumor near her spine and needs periodic MRI's. Raul works hard to pay for it. To us it seems like a small amount but not to many families.
This morning we went to Reina de la Paz (RdlP). It took 45 minutes in the taxi to get there. We had a pan of cookies and a cake, bags with craft stuff and Carolyn's soccer ball. We travel with the 6 of us in the back seat. I told my brother, a policeman, that he wouldn't be able to handle it here with all of the traffic violations taking place and that is just us. Stop signs are suggestions as well as lane assignments and even red lights sometimes. Anyway, we finally got there and Giuli and I started teaching the girls about praying for their babies and how this is another "long term investment" they can make for their babies. Giuli told them about the different ways God answers prayer and that He has the overall picture and that His plans are the best ones. She told them that if God says "no" then He has something better for you. This led into me telling them about my miscarriage and the frustration I felt with God when I didn't conceive right away. I told them that is when God led us to adopt Rebekah and the MANY ways God answered prayers during that time. It is like Jane Peden tells me, "You asked for one baby and God gave you two!"
They were very interested in the process and if we will ever tell Rebekah she is adopted. I said we told her ever since she could understand. I also explained how Rebekah's adoption in many ways led to the formation of the OCM (Orphan Care Ministry) and the mission trip we take to visit them. I told them that I respect their decision to keep their babies and one of the reasons we visit is to support them in this important decision. Eric and the other kids work hard while we are teaching playing with babies and trying to keep them occupied so their moms can listen. This is a big job and we are exhausted when we get home. Rebekah and Eliljah do their share, playing soccer and making kids laugh. We did a craft and had a cake with pink icing Maggie made for Valentine's Day. We also made Valentines for all of the girls with our names on them. Marisol made her craft and gave it to me. I, of course, forgot it and pray she doesn't take it personally. Giuli asked one girl, Juanita, how old her baby is-20 months. Then she asked her how old she is-13. She had just walked up and was leaning on Giuli. Giuli says she needs someone to show her love. Sometimes I wish I could bring them all home with me. I still need my mom and I am 43. I can't imagine having all of the responsibility of raising a child as a teen with little or no support from my family.

1 comment:

  1. your prayer touched me. I'm praying! I found this site helpful www.holylandprayer.com Check it; maybe it gives you a relief. God bless.

    ReplyDelete