Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday

February 7

Yesterday I (Sue) had an interesting conversation with the tour guide at the catacombs. She asked me if Rebekah was my daughter and I replied that she was. She asked about the other kids and wondered if any of them were adopted. I said no and then she asked if it is the same with her as it is with the others and I said yes. She looked a little surprised by that. Most of the time, I don't even think about Rebekah being adopted except when we get stares which we do more here than we do in the USA. I hope that it is a witness to people in Peru in some small way.

We continue to enjoy the church we attend in Lima. We were in row 4 today and have our eye on row 3. HaHa. The church is getting a new pastor at the end of the month and he just got here yesterday and was there for the first time this Sunday. He doesn't know Spanish, poor guy, but I bet he learns quickly! The sermon was about plateauing in your relationships with God and your spouse and how that the next step is decline. We were encouraged to be like Joshua and Caleb who loved God wholeheartedly. It gave Eric and I a lot to think about.

We are watching the Super Bowl as I write this and I started to cry during the singing of the National Anthem. You forget how much you love and appreciate your country. The Colts are currently losing and there are some anxious folks here:)
Well now it's Monday and we were bummed about the Colts losing but if anyone had to beat them, we were glad it was the Saints.
We learned some interesting things about Eric's trip to Iquitos that aren't on his college blog. He visited a manatee rescue and rehabilitation place and got to feed one of the mantees a bottle. He said they are so gentle. He also told us about a soup that was served for breakfast that had fish, vegetables and a big chunk of paca meat. (look it up) He said it comes under the heading of "eat first and ask questions later."

No comments:

Post a Comment