Monday, February 1, 2010

A victory, small, but still a victory!

February 1
From Sue
Eric left yesterday for his trip to the rainforest. We have not heard anything from him yet and we don't know if we will. He is spending the first few days on a boat on tributaries of the Amazon so I doubt if there is wireless:) Please pray for his safety this week.
I actually managed to get the crew to church, to the Wong and back home again with my infantile Spanish. That was the victory. I am very glad we did as we finished the sermon series on Jonah. It was preached from the perspective of the Ninevites and how they did a complete turn-around in their relationship with God, repenting and getting a second chance. It reminded me that God gave me a second chance by grace through faith and that I would much rather be in a strange city with the Lord than be anywhere else without Him. This has all been very challenging to us and to me in particular. I am not really the adventurous type. (I am a Wise for pete's sake!) I like my routine, my schedule and my lists. I have felt very overwhelmed with all of the change and not being able to communicate even the simplest things. I know that is my fault for not studying the language and it is hard not to feel as if I not only let my family down but also the Lord. It is good to know that God can redeem any situation and can work through my weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment