Tuesday, January 26, 2010

BSF and Reina de la Paz

January 26
From Sue
Those of you who know me well, know that I have been a class member of BSF for several years and that is has meant a great deal to me in my Christian life. God has used BSF and the women I have met there, to change my life and my relationship with Christ. When we decided to move here temporarily, one of the first things I did was check to see if there was a class in Lima and to my delight there was. BSF is international but all of the studies are done in English-praise the Lord! Last night was their first class since Christmas as it is also summer here. Because the class is held in another district which is not close by, and it is held at night, Eric asked around at church and hired a driver to take me there. My driver (it feels kind of cool so say that!) is Raul and he is a wonderful Christian man(so is my husband). Traffic was terrible and I was 30 minutes late (it took 50 min. to get there) so I broke rule numero uno:) The ladies were very gracious and it was so good to be back in a discussion group. I met several Americans and a Canadian and the teaching leader is from Chambersburg, PA which is very close to where my brother-in-law and his family live! It all felt very different yet somehow the same. The class here in Lima is small (about 50) considering the size of the city (8 million) so please pray that their numbers would grow. Raul waited for me and brought me back home and he is trying to teach me some Spanish. (good luck with that!) I really felt God's hand in the entire situation from getting a Christian driver to providing women with whom I can fellowship and learn about Christ.
We again traveled to Reina de la Paz to minister to the girls. As is often the case at places where you minister, satan is ready to attack after a spiritual "high". The girls were distracted and their babies uncooperative. It was still fun, but different from last week. They did not ask questions like they did last week but we played volleyball and had fun with their kids. Rebekah has become very attached to one little girl in particular that she calls Shirley. Her name is actually Naschelli (sp?) and she is normally very shy but she really enjoys Rebekah. Before we left today, Elijah was sitting under the trampoline, which is broken. When I called him, he didn't come out. It turns out, he was keeping an eye on a little one and was coaxing her out before he would leave himself. Five year olds watching toddlers; that is the way it is for many sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment