Friday, January 15, 2010

Learning






January 15
From Sue
Today we are celebrating Elijah's half birthday. We started this tradition when we only had 3 kids and I was craving cake:) He chooses what we eat for dinner (Pizza Hut) and then we have cake. Elijah is very excited to be 5 and a half and has been counting down for several days.

Yesterday we went to the Vivanda, our supermarket, and loaded up. We had our little cart full and we were all carrying something. It was crowded and quite stuffy in there. At the checkout, Maggie said she didn't feel well. I told her to go outside and she starts drooping and saying she can't see and hear. Well, I pushed her head down between her knees with one hand and continued unloading the cart with the other. At some point one of the girls led Maggie out of the store where she revived a bit. Our Maggie is in the habit of skipping breakfast, but I think maybe for the last time after yesterday; at least until we get home. There is a very nice young man working at the Vivanda who speaks a little English. ( He asked if Carolyn was my son) When he sees me there, he bags for us and helps us with the cashier.

In the afternoon, we walked to the park closest to our apartment because the sun was shining! We watched the parasailors take off and land and enjoyed the beauty of the Pacific. Before we left, a little girl and boy ages 8 and 4 maybe came by and said something. I asked Emily and she thought they were asking for dinner but was not sure. I had no money and no plan. I felt so disappointed in myself for missing the opportunity to care for those little ones. I will not go out without money and food in my backpack anymore. Please pray for those little guys and others like them that they would meet people to help and love them. Pray for us that we would not miss another opportunity to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment