Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 12
From Sue
We have started school and the days don't really seem to be flying by if you know what I mean. I have always respected teachers but not as much as I do now. It is not all frustrating. We can take any tangents we want. Yesterday, we all, except Eric, went to Vivanda market. We managed to get almost everything on our list and check out. Hurray! I just can't get over how small the packages are. I mean the syrup is tiny! I try to buy large whenever I can. I mean you should see our peanut butter-5lbs! Oh well, more trips to the Vivanda. We have been trying to cook some Peruvian meals and they are turning out rather well. We still have only seen the sun once but the view from the park nearby is beautiful. Eric has spent the past 2 days in language school. Four hours in the morning and 2 hours of individual tutoring in the afternoon. He is being challenged that's for sure. We fondly refer to his tutor as Elsa the Spanish nazi. Please pray that we would get an opportunity to visit a home (orphanage) and that we wouldn't feel too sorry for ouselves! A bit of homesickness is setting in.

No comments:

Post a Comment